Saturday Night Genealogy Fun-Matrilineal line from Randy @ Genea-Musings
1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.
3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Note or status line on Facebook.
1) Mom b 1922 Michigan d 2003 Michigan
2) Joyce Reynolds b 1899 Remus Michigan d 1964 Traverse City Michigan married Leo Cornell
3) Hester Gorton b 1862 Alma Michigan d 1926 Remus Michigan married Wilbur Reynolds
4) Emily Ketchum b 1829 New York d 1903 Gratiot Michigan married John Gorton
5) Maria Thompson b 1797 Connecticut d 1861 Henrietta NY married Ebenezer Ketchum
Well that is the end of the line already! Clearly some work needs to be done here.
I have not had my mitochondrial DNA tested