September 12, 2010

This Week...September 12-18

This week in the family history, September 12-18th:

September 12, 1826: Priscilla Phelps is born to parents Basil and Phoebe Phelps in Pennsylvania. She married Henry Youker, who is my 2nd great grandmothers brother.
Henry and Priscilla move their family from Potter County, Pennsylvania to Grand Traverse County, Michigan along with oodles of relatives and friends around 1866. Priscilla is not related to me. My father’s side.

September 14, 1743-49: George Gorton is born to Benjamin Gorton and Mercy Foster in West Greenwich Rhode Island. He married Lydia Aylesworth.
George and Lydia move to Henrietta, New York and are buried in the Bushman Cemetery in Henrietta. George Gorton is my 5th great grandfather, my mother’s line.

September 17, 1847: Ann Eliza Youker is born in Potter County, Pennsylvania to Henry Youker and Priscilla Phelps. She married Laverne O. Sackett in Potter County around 1864 and they later moved to Grand Traverse County c 1866. Ann Eliza Youker is my first cousin 3 times removed and our common ancestors are Johann George Youker and Catherien Margaret Burkdorff. My dad’s line.

September 18, 1866: John Scott and Jane Raeburn are married in Nottawasaga Twp, Simcoe County Ontario. John moved the family to St. Catharines, Grantham Twp Lincoln County Ontario and is a fruit farmer in the area. He remarried after Jane died.
John is not related to me directly, Jane is my great grand aunt, our common ancestors of course, a common theme, are William and Margaret Raeburn. Paternal line.

Also this "week" in history:
Lewis and Clark Journal September 12-18, 1805

Today in History: September 13, Library of Congress Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment