January 23, 2010

Surname Saturday, LIVINGSTON

Am I crazy?

Livingston [e]: Origin- Ireland


How does it fit into my surname of Raeburn? Well this is what I intend to find out.

Searching the lateral lines, it’ll either be the deciding factor in my insanity or my ‘oh happy day’ when it connects.

A little background refreshing; my Raeburn line is elusive and goes back to Ireland and disappears there. No known records so far in Ireland. However...the only way I have found anything resembling a relative or location is by researching the lateral lines. Case in point- finding Edward Weir next door in Ontario, turns out he is the brother in law of John Reburn of Aghnamullen Parish Monaghan Ireland. [Many other neighbor/relatives along the way]
I will bypass a lot here.....

A little more background-
Margaret Raeburn b abt 1786 marries John Livingston b abt 1789, in 1818 Carrickmacross Monaghan Ireland. 1851-They live in Quebec next door to Patrick Hamill of Ireland who marries their daughter (a winter spring marriage indeed).

Patrick Hamill was a co-tenant with a William Reaburn in Aughnamullen Parish Monaghan c 1820-30.
Livingston's also leasing land c 1820-30 here.
MY RAEBURNS were in this area of QUEBEC SAME TIME. This Margaret is 24 yrs older than my William, an aunt?

Ok- follow me with this one-

1860's +: Nottawasaga twp, Simcoe co Ontario, MY William Raeburn family is neighbor to James Livingston b abt 1801-11 Ireland. James is buried Singhampton Union Cemetery, Nottawasaga Simcoe County.

This, in and of itself may not necessarily peak my curiosity, however James Livingston[e]’s son George is buried in Plot 42, next to my William Raeburn Plot 43 in Batteau Hill Cemetery, Nottawasaga. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or IS IT?

Questions:
1. Where exactly did James Livingston[e] come from in Ireland?
2. What is the surname of his wife Jane?
3. What does the death certificate say?
4. Is there an obit?
5. Oh come on.....are they related????!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment