October 17, 2010

This Week in Family History-

October 17-23

October 17 & 18 were uneventful days for my ancestors. Really? Nothing? It looks that way.

October 19- 358 years ago in 1652, John Carpenter was born in Rehoboth, Massachusetts. His parents; William Carpenter from England and Priscilla Bennett. John married Rebecca Readway.
He is my 7th great grandfather, on my father’s maternal side. I haven’t ventured this far back yet in getting more documentation.

October 20th is another quiet day.

October 21- Hannah B. Gorton is born in Lima, Livingston, New York in 1810, her parents are Thomas Gorton and Hannah Straight. She is my 3rd great grand aunt on my mother’s maternal side.

October 22- William Carpenter (another one?!) is born in 1786 in Keene, Cheshire, New Hampshire to parents Stephen Carpenter and Zilpha Wilbur. Getting closer now to my research leave off area. (Zilpha is an unusual to me re-occurring name in this family, my great grand mother Zilphie Elizabeth Carpenter shares the name...) So this makes this William my 3rd great grand uncle.

October 23- 1928 Ralph E Spencer and Josephine Hammerle are married at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They are my husband’s grand parents.

Way back in history-
October 18- US control in Puerto Rico
October 20- Louisiana Purchase Treaty

No comments:

Post a Comment