January 23, 2011

ON BLOGGING

My hat’s off to those who can keep up with all of the blogging. It is time consuming…and even when a joy, still a lot of work. I dropped off a couple of months ago, wondering why I didn’t get response, comments etc. It is hard to want to keep up if nobody is reading. The thing is, I just don’t have the time to devote as much as I would like. Then other new ventures have come into play…poetry, sketching etc, and the fact that I have to decide where to divide my time. If I am blogging I am not researching…I do need to get back at that. But I really like the blogging! My son recently got me a subscription to Ancestry.com and I have been digging….and I will try to blog a little more. I started this blog because I was inept in creating a website! The reason for the blog was to get out there where in my Raeburn ancestry I am stuck…that’s completed….now the wait for the magic response. I often wonder why my ancestors seemed to have just left behind Ireland and those they came from there. Or did they? Did the future generations at some point find it all irrelevant? That would be sad, at least that is how I see it.

So, this is just an update…I am still here and for those who do read this from time to time…what would YOU like to hear about? Let me know…sometimes a little shove is a good thing! Oh and I forgot my “Blogiversary”, it has been 2 years now…time flies.

9 comments:

  1. It can definitely be hard to keep up with posting on a blog. When I started mine a few months ago, I knew I wasn't going to be able to post with any scheduled regularity. Even so, I do try to post something at least once a month or every couple of weeks if I can sneak some time in between working full time and life getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought, if I can get at least one post a month...that is certainly do-able. I think also that it is ok to say...I need a break, take time to regroup, refresh. I think it was getting overwhelming and stale for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, blogging can be time consuming, just do what you can. People are reading even if it doesn't seem like it. Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promised in my 1st blogiversary post last month that I was going to be better about leaving comments but the truth is I really haven't been yet. I have good intentions but somehow just don't follow through. I suspect that's the case for many people so I don't think lack of comments means people aren't reading.

    BTW, Holly you were the very 1st person to leave a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda...and I miss going to your blog to read (out of it all the way around!) Thanks everyone for the 'Happy Blogoversary"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand. I had to take off most of 2010 and even the last part of 2009, so I also admire those who can keep it up all the time. I have been doing better in 2011, so I hope to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly,
    If you put too much pressure on yourself it won't be fun anymore so do it however you wish so it does not become a drag.

    I have not been doing alot but you know the why's and wherefores of that.

    I love your style of writing keep up the good work. :)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete