Good MORNING Sunday-
From Randy At Genea-Musings:
Hey geneaphiles - it's Saturday Night, time for more Genealogy Fun for all Genea-Musing readers.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (and we need more of you to do this, otherwise it may end...), is to:
1) Read Brenda Joyce Jerome's post Who or What Do You Blame? on the Western Kentucky Genealogy blog. She asks these questions:
* Can you identify person or event that started you on this search for family information?
* Did you pick up researching where a relative had left off?
* Did your interest stem from your child's school project on genealogy?
* If you have been researching many years, it may be hard to pinpoint one reason for this journey.
2) Write your responses on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a note or comment on Facebook.
Hmmm, Well It really all started with my now 29 year old - Eric’s 10th grade class project regarding a family history assignment. We started to gather Spencer & Raeburn information. The Spencer family history was pretty well documented already, but it did need some tweaking. We received some Raeburn family info from my Aunt Barbara-Dad’s sister. This really got me curious, suddenly there were names I had never heard of. She gave me a visual of many family members. This was awesome, I had been so much younger than the rest of the family I didn’t know them.....but it was put away after the class assignment....until.....
My sister was pretty much the sole care giver of our mother as they lived together. When Mom’s health started to decline- Kim needed a outlet, online where she could quietly do something or communicate quietly. So then two of us were IM-ing... a lot. I had to be doing something ‘productive’ so I started in on the genealogy and realized I really was very intrigued with it and haven’t been able to put it down since. I have learned a lot of Do’s and Don’t s, & How Tos. I have met a lot of people online, some of whom I have met in person and maintained a friendship with which I hold dearly.
All in all a pretty enriching hobby huh? ; )